Friday, August 10, 2007

Having gone back to work this week, I haven't had time to do any art, but I did go to the Vancouver Art Gallery to view the Monet to Dali exhibition, which included Manet, Monet, Cézanne, Modigliani, van Gogh, Rodin, Picasso, Dali and other European artists. It was definitely a treat for the eyes. There were also quite a few sculptures, including a bronze Thinker. Also showing was the House of Oracles, from one of China's most contemporary artists, Huang Yong Ping. Many of his pieces were huge, including a 100-foot long wooden python skeleton.

On to other things. Here is a poem I wrote that may feel true to many of you.

Creatures running round
in my head
trying to escape
they don't recognize
each other
or the walls that keep them in
my head feels
the pressure
wanting to burst
every morning
on auto pilot
i fulfil my daily duties
by rote
knowing my head is full
of unknown territory
i'm only scratching the surface
the truth slips past me
i reach out to grasp it
and it's gone
i lie still
breathing deeply
turn inward
the creatures rest
i know them.

No comments: